I’m an independent web developer living in northern Wisconsin with my wife and three daughters.
I’m very passionate about the Web and can frequently be found speaking about what I’ve learned at a variety of web conferences.
I wrote Implementing Responsive Design: Building sites for an anywhere, everywhere web (New Riders, 2012) and was a contributing author for the Web Performance Daybook Volume 2. You can find me sharing my thoughts in a briefer format on Twitter at @tkadlec.
Formerly, I was the co-founder of Breaking Development, one of the first conferences dedicated to web design and development for mobile devices. I also hosted the Breaking Development Podcast, a weekly podcast with a very similar focus (really, it was just an excuse for me to talk to people far smarter than I every week).
A little room: I’ve got limited availability starting around September for development and consulting work. If you would like to get in touch please do so!
- Responsive Interview with Tim Kadlec & Mat Marquis Responsive Design Weekly, January 2013
- Responsive Responsive Design 24 Ways, December 2012
- WebProfessionals.org Podcast (Audio) December 2012
- Author Talk Podcast (Audio) September 2012
- The Best Design Advice I Ever Got Peachpit.com, September 2012
- An Interview with Tim Kadlec on Responsive Design Peachpit.com, September 2012
- Determing breakpoints for a responsive design .net Magazine, August 2012
- Interview with MetalToad (Video) May 2012
- Carrier Networks: Down the Rabbit Hole 2011 Performance Calendar, December 2011
- An Introduction to Automating Performance with Phing 2010 Performance Calendar, December 2010